The Institute for Philanthropy and Humanitarian Development (IPHD) is located in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. Founded in 2013 by Madhu Vaishnav, the purpose of IPHD is to provide community development and experiential education opportunities to members of the international community. Through all our programs we aim to deliver beneficial and sustainable outcomes to both the local community and the initiators of these practical, field work based projects.
IPHD works towards sustainable solutions to problems facing rural development in India. As we do so, we strive to hold our set of core values close to our work.
- Education – IPHD believes that education is one of the most important components of creating sustainable development. We have strong educational programs for both our community and interns.
- Community care – IPHD values delivering services to our community with respect, thoughtfulness, humility, and cultural awareness, designing programs that are compatible with community values.
- Sustainability – IPHD values sustainability – both environmental and economic – while designing and implementing our projects.
- Creativity – IPHD values creativity, both in our project formation and inspiring creativity in our community.
- Accountability – IPHD values accountability in implementing our projects. We consistently follow through and make sure that our impact is ongoing and growing.
The purpose of IPHD is to provide Community Development education services and research for the local and international community, using practical project based studies that contribute to well-being, integration and self-sufficiency. The objective of all our programs is to provide beneficial and durable outcomes to both the recipients a project i.e. the local community; and the initiators of these field work based projects i.e. the intern, scholar or professional.
Why Choose IPHD:
Our student internship programs are set within a rigorous experiential education framework which draws on current community development in developing countries thinking. We lay emphasis on the necessity of robust mutual benefit objectives and outcomes for partner organizations and community developers. We offer scholars and academics invaluable access to research opportunities across a wide range of community development sectors. We provide professionals with real opportunities to utilize their skills in a meaningful way by providing both the necessary assistance and autonomy in their work. We have special facilities and agreements with certain villages in Rajasthan for the realization of research and field work. We work in both urban and rural environments, and always emphasize the safety and security of all personnel working under an IPHD Program. Our low cost setting enables us to retain a nominal program fee structure.